Terms of Consignment
- While I appreciate input from the owners, I use my own website as a point of reference to set prices of all tobacco for potential sale. I always try to establish price points that I think will be fair to my consignors, my buyers and me. A trifecta that I aspire to but admittedly I don’t always hit the mark.
- For each item sold, the consignor receives 65% of the sale and I accept a 35% commission for each sale. I send out checks with accompanying sales statements that detail each item sold by the first of every week for the previous week’s sales until the consignor’s dispersal is complete. I will pay the consignor through a PayPal funds transfer if that is the preferred method of payment and sales statements will be separately emailed.
- My inventory from consignors is always very high, and it may be as much as 3-4 weeks from the time inventory is received to the time the selling process begins.
Accepted types of pipe tobacco tins, pouches or bags
- Out of Production pipe tobacco blends that are considered desirable.
- In-Production tobacco blends that are well-known and hard to find (e.g. Esoterica)
- In-Production pipe tobacco that is desirable, at least 5-years of age and preferably older
- My individual pricing is proprietary but if you want a general price estimate of your inventory to help you determine whether you want to move forward with the consignment process I will be happy to offer you my opinion as to the ‘general’ value of your collection.
- Because I sell and ship so much tobacco for so many customers each week, I prefer not having to return tobacco that is sent to me that was not pre-approved or does not meet the condition criteria. So, please make sure that you only include pre-approved tobacco and I will let the consignors know if any tins arrive in unsalable condition.
Condition requirements of the pipe tobacco tins, pouches or bags
- Only full and factory sealed tins, pouches or bags.
- No after-market packaging including glass jars.
- No rust, no holes, no torn labels
- Approximate age of the product must be known, unless it is out of production or rare, in-production blends.
How to get the consignment process started
- E-mail me at email@example.com with a list of the names and approximate ages of the tobacco tins, pouches or bags you want me to sell on your behalf. I can sell only on approval and after looking over your list I will get back to you quickly with my thoughts. Once we establish what will be sent, If there are any changes made when shipping please be sure to let me know so that I will have an accurate list of your inventory to compare with what was sent. An inventory list must be included in each box that is sent to me.
- It is understood that consignors may use any shipping method that they prefer and are responsible for all shipping costs to transport their inventory. Please be advised that while there are no restrictions to ship collectible pipe tobacco tins with USPS, other shipping authorities do have restrictions. As an example; UPS and FedEx have rules that prohibit the shipping of tobacco products. Links are provided below to their tobacco shipping policies:
What Others Say About Pipestud’s eBay & Website Pipes & Tobaccos Consignment Sales –
“Steve Fallon (aka Pipestud) is a real professional. Very knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco- and very service oriented. Buy from him and he will get it to you pronto. Sell through him and and your check will arrive in a day or two. So don’t hesitate to saddle up with this cowboy. ” – Vernon Vig, former President of the United Pipe Collectors Club of America and year 2017 Chicago Show Dr. of Pipes Award Winner
“I’ve found Steve Fallon to be sincere & trustworthy, a man of integrity who is able to present pipes and vintage tobaccos on my behalf that garner good prices.” – Regis McCafferty, Co-Founder, North American Society of Pipe Collectors
“Pipestud is one of the most knowledgeable pipe sellers in the world. I have used Steve Fallon as a source of reference for years, including in my book, ‘In Search of Pipe Dreams.” – Rick Newcombe, noted pipe book author
“I have consigned with Pipestud many times with superior results. He gets my highest recommendations!” – The late Bill Unger, former Editor of The NASPC Pipe Collector Magazine and Pipe Book Author
“Over the years, I have purchased pipes from Pipestud and always placed my bids or made my orders with the highest level of confidence.” – Rich Esserman, noted pipe collector
“I inherited an extensive collection of pipes but knew nothing about them. I came across The Pipestud’s site while trying to research the value of the collection and knew he was the answer to a prayer! Steve is extremely knowledgeable about pipes and helped me get top dollar. He patiently answered my many questions and has always paid promptly. It is an absolute pleasure to do business with The Pipestud!” A Satisfied Consignor.
Any questions at all, please feel free to contact me via one of the methods below and thank you for your consignment consideration!
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell phone – (254) 744-9158
2144 Greig Drive
Robinson, TX. 76706