Terms of Consignment
- While I appreciate input from the owners, I use my own professional experience to set prices of all tobacco sold on my website. I always try to establish price points that I think will be fair to my consignors, my buyers and me.
- For each item sold, the consignor receives 70% of the sale and I accept a non-negotiable 30% commission for each sale. I send out checks with accompanying sales statements that detail each sale at the first of every week for the previous week’s sales until the consignor’s dispersal is complete. I will pay the consignor through a PayPal funds transfer if that is the preferred method of payment.
Accepted types of pipe tobacco tins, pouches or bags
- Out of Production famous pipe tobacco blends
- In-Production tobacco blends that are well-known and hard to find (e.g. Esoterica)
- In-Production pipe tobacco that is well known and at least 5 to 7 years old
- Because I sell so much tobacco from so many customers, I do not have the time to return tobacco that is sent to me and does not meet the criteria. If you send me tobacco tins, pouches, or bags that are unsalable and were not pre-approved, they will be included as a part of the Wounded Warrior Project that I am a part of for Veterans who are pipe smokers. In the event that this happens, I will contact the consignor and inform them about what I received that could not be listed for sale and why.
Condition requirements of the pipe tobacco tins, pouches or bags
- Only full and factory sealed tins, pouches or bags.
- No after-market packaging including glass jars.
- No rust, no holes, no torn labels
- Approximate age of the product must be known, unless it is out of production or a rare, in-production blend
- Only full and still factory sealed tins or pouches/bags can be accepted. No after-market packaging including glass jars.
- No rust, no holes, no torn labels on any tins or pouches/bags unless pre-approved.
How to get the consignment process started
Step 1: E-mail me at email@example.com with a list of the names and approximate ages of the tobacco tins, pouches or bags you want me to sell on your behalf.
- I can sell only on approval, so, before packing and shipping, please email me a list of the names and approximate ages of the tobacco tins or pouches/bags that you want to sell. After looking over the list I will get back to you quickly with my thoughts. Once we establish what will be sent – If there are any changes made when shipping please be sure to let me know so that I will have an accurate list of your inventory to compare with what was sent.
What Others Say About Pipestud’s eBay & Website Pipes & Tobaccos Consignment Sales –
“Steve Fallon (aka Pipestud) is a real professional. Very knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco- and very service oriented. Buy from him and he will get it to you pronto. Sell through him and and your check will arrive in a day or two. So don’t hesitate to saddle up with this cowboy. ” – Vernon Vig, former President of the United Pipe Collectors Club of America and year 2017 Chicago Show Dr. of Pipes Award Winner
“I’ve found Steve Fallon to be sincere & trustworthy, a man of integrity who is able to present pipes and vintage tobaccos on my behalf that garner good prices.” – Regis McCafferty, Co-Founder, North American Society of Pipe Collectors
“Pipestud is one of the most knowledgeable pipe sellers in the world. I have used Steve Fallon as a source of reference for years, including in my book, ‘In Search of Pipe Dreams.” – Rick Newcombe, noted pipe book author
“I have consigned with Pipestud many times with superior results. He gets my highest recommendations!” – The late Bill Unger, former Editor of The NASPC Pipe Collector Magazine and Pipe Book Author
“Over the years, I have purchased pipes from Pipestud and always placed my bids or made my orders with the highest level of confidence.” – Rich Esserman, noted pipe collector
“I inherited an extensive collection of pipes but knew nothing about them. I came across The Pipestud’s site while trying to research the value of the collection and knew he was the answer to a prayer! Steve is extremely knowledgeable about pipes and helped me get top dollar. He patiently answered my many questions and has always paid promptly. It is an absolute pleasure to do business with The Pipestud!” A Satisfied Consignor.
Any questions at all, please feel free to contact me via one of the methods below and thank you for your consignment consideration!
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell phone – (254) 744-9158
2144 Greig Drive
Robinson, TX. 76706