Accepted pipes and accessories
- In solid and clean condition (Not Heavily Smoked), and with no cake build-up in the bowls and cleaned stems with no issues at all or extremely minor tooth marks or scratching. No pipes with burn marks, heavy rim darkening, or cracks in the bowls or stems. No pipes with replacement stems please.
- I accept name brand pipes that you believe would bring a minimum of $100 per pipe on eBay. If you have questions regarding value please just ask me and I will give you my thoughts. If I receive multiple pipes that I don’t think would bring the minimum, I may group those pipes together in one auction as history dictates that will enhance the bidding.
- Before packing and shipping, please send me a list of the names of the pipes you want to send for consignment and I will quickly respond with my thoughts. If there are any changes made when shipping please be sure to let me know so that I will have an accurate list of your inventory to compare with what was sent. An inventory list with the names of all of the pipes must be included in the box or boxes that you send.
- I also accept brand-name pipe lighters, extraordinary pipe tampers, tobacco pouches or pipe bags.
Items I don’t accept
- I am not able to accept books, magazines, pipe racks, pipe stands, humidors (pipe or cigar), cigar boxes, empty pipe tobacco tins, etc.
Terms of Consignment
- My commission per sale is a flat 35%. I use a portion of my commission to pay all eBay and PayPal fees.
- Once I list the pipes on eBay for their 7-day, no reserve and .1 cent to open auctions, it is understood that I will run the auctions to their conclusions and not end the auctions early.
- Consignors understand that it is against eBay’s shill bidding policy to bid on their own items. By sending me pipes to sell, you agree that you will not bid on your own pipes. Here is eBay’s Shill Bidding Policy: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy/shill-bidding-policy?id=4353
- I am very blessed to have many people who send me their fine pipes to sell on their behalf. Some weeks I have at least a dozen or more people that I am selling for. I am seldom able to list larger collections of more than 10-15 pipes per consignor per week. So, there is a good chance that your auctions may be spread out over several weeks or longer. The reason for spreading out the auctions may be to accommodate as many consignors as possible or I have a lot of pipes of the same brand and I may want to list only a few of those per week to keep the bidding from being diluted.
- You will be paid each week for the previous week’s sales until I have completed the dispersal of your inventory.
JOIN MY GREAT TEAM OF CONSIGNORS!
I advertise my Pipestud eBay Consignment Pipe Shop six times a year in the North American Society of Pipe Collector’s Newsletter (over 1,000 subscribers), and maintain my own private email list (over 1,200 subscribers) to notify my clients of upcoming auctions they may be interested in. These are value added marketing tools that drive potential buyers to my eBay site. That is why my Pipestud consignment auctions generate more bids and higher prices for you!
Thank you again for wanting to consign your pipes with me. It is greatly appreciated!
What Others Say About Pipestud’s eBay & Website Pipes & Tobaccos Consignment Sales –
“Steve Fallon (aka Pipestud) is a real professional. Very knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco- and very service oriented. Buy from him and he will get it to you pronto. Sell through him and and your check will arrive in a day or two. So don’t hesitate to saddle up with this cowboy. ” – Vernon Vig, former President of the United Pipe Collectors Club of America and year 2017 Chicago Show Dr. of Pipes Award Winner
“I’ve found Steve Fallon to be sincere & trustworthy, a man of integrity who is able to present pipes and vintage tobaccos on my behalf that garner good prices.” – Regis McCafferty, Co-Founder, North American Society of Pipe Collectors
“Pipestud is one of the most knowledgeable pipe sellers in the world. I have used Steve Fallon as a source of reference for years, including in my book, ‘In Search of Pipe Dreams.” – Rick Newcombe, noted pipe book author
“I have consigned with Pipestud many times with superior results. He gets my highest recommendations!” – The late Bill Unger, former Editor of The NASPC Pipe Collector Magazine and Pipe Book Author
“Over the years, I have purchased pipes from Pipestud and always placed my bids or made my orders with the highest level of confidence.” – Rich Esserman, noted pipe collector
“I inherited an extensive collection of pipes but knew nothing about them. I came across The Pipestud’s site while trying to research the value of the collection and knew he was the answer to a prayer! Steve is extremely knowledgeable about pipes and helped me get top dollar. He patiently answered my many questions and has always paid promptly. It is an absolute pleasure to do business with The Pipestud!” A Satisfied Consignor.
Any questions at all, please feel free to contact me via one of the methods below and thank you for your consignment consideration!
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell phone – (254) 744-9158
2144 Greig Drive
Robinson, TX. 76706