By purchasing from Pipestud’s Consignment Shop you are agreeing to the following terms:
- You will not hold Pipestud’s Consignment Shop responsible for items that are damaged, lost or stolen during shipping.
- You are purchasing a second-hand collectible tins and not the contents.
- You must be 21 years or older to make any purchases from this site – by doing so, you are confirming that you are of legal age to purchase tobacco products or smoking accessories. We will deny any order we believe has been placed by a minor.
- WARNING: Pipestud.com does not sell tobacco or related tobacco products to anyone under the age of 21, nor do we sell cigarettes.
Shopping Cart Information
Pipestud’s Consignment Shop maintains an “Open Shopping Cart System.” This prevents hoarding that otherwise would allow individuals to place a large number of tins in their shopping carts to protect them from being purchased by someone else until they decide which tins to purchase and which tins to release. So, any tins placed in shopping carts are still available for purchase by anyone and the first person to pay for a particular tin gets the item. So, if you have a tin in your shopping cart that is no longer available at checkout, that simply means someone else has already paid for that particular item.
Due to the uniqueness of this website, once new listings are released, there will be literally hundreds of customers around the world who will be competing for items at the same time. Backorders occur when two people purchase an item and pay within less than 2-seconds of one another. Some weeks it does not happen at all and other weeks I get several. It will continue. And to be fair to everyone, the person whose order pops up first in the system is the one who gets the tobacco. A refund is then sent to the individual who did not get the item and that person’s refund email will have the backorder explanation.
Multiple Same Day Orders
If you make multiple purchases the same day (up until 10:00 PM Central time), the system still charges you shipping for each order. Once I begin the packing process for shipping, you will receive shipping fee refunds for each shipping overpayment. If your single purchase or multiple same day purchases are valued at $200 or more then you will receive free shipping to any USA location. If your location is outside of the USA and your order is for $200 or more, you will receive a $15.00 credit and that amount will be refunded back to you.
USPS Priority Shipping is the ONLY method available for domestic shipments. The shipping fee is $8.00 for all orders shipped within the USA no matter how large or small your order may be. Multiple same day orders (up until 10:00 PM Central time), will be counted as one order & any extra shipping fees charged will be refunded. If your same day purchase is for $200.00 or more, your shipping will be free. All domestic orders are usually shipped within one business day of purchase. Insurance can be purchased by the customer upon request.
Due to tax laws in Washington State, South Dakota and Utah, Pipestud’s Consignment Shop cannot ship tobacco to those states but can ship smoking pipes and related accessories into those states.
Both USPS Priority International and USPS First Class International shipping are available options. But, all orders will be shipped First Class if you do not let me know that you want Priority International soon after making your order. *PLEASE NOTE: USPS will not ship First Class International if the contents weigh more than 4-pounds. If your package weighs over that amount, shipping will be by USPS Priority International. For international customers, you are also agreeing that Pipestud’s Consignment Shop is not responsible for items lost in the mail or any customs issues in your country. I can purchase insurance at the customer’s request and expense. The customs declaration is for “second hand collectible tins” and there is never a mention of tobacco. Also, the contents declared value is only the retail value of your purchase. As an example, if you purchase a tin for $50 that sold at retail for $12. Then the declared value is $12 for that particular tin.
Shipping to Canada: Please note that due to Canadian law, when shipping tobacco products to Canada, I must place a copy of your purchase order and payment receipt in the box with your order which includes the exact price of your purchases.
- Unless otherwise noted in the item description, all collectible tins are factory-sealed. While every item is thoroughly inspected before being offered for sale, Pipestud’s Consignment Shop can not guarantee the integrity of the contents as rust can start from the inside of the tin, or seals may be lost through shipment. As most collector’s know, nearly microscopic holes or other types of breaches in the tin can occur. It is simply a possibility the buyer must take into consideration when purchasing tins that may be many years or many decades old. Should this occur Pipestud’s Consignment Shop is not able to offer refunds.
- If you make a purchase of a pipe and return it unsmoked, you will receive a full refund. Likewise, if you return a tobacco tin in the same sealed condition that you received it in, you will receive a full refund. Refunds will be sent within 48-hours of having received your return. You have 30 days from the date of receipt to contact us for a refund.
Pipestud.com will collect and maintain personal information provided by its users, including only their names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses for the sole purpose of conducting business with its customers. We do not and will not share personal information to any other entity. Again, it is solely in order to conduct day to day business with our customers. We use PayPal and Authorize.net to process credit card payments. Pipestud’s Consignment Shop is PCI compliant and does not have access to customers credit card information.